The Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) will be holding the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2022 on November 27, 2022 in a Computer Based Test (CBT) format. This exam is essential for admissions into various management programs across IIMs. As the final exam date approaches, candidates should take this time to put finishing touches on their preparation. This is the ideal time for students to revise their notes and formulas. The CAT examination requires a strategic approach, as candidates must tackle challenging questions within a limited time frame.
Here are some tips and tricks that students can use to prepare for the CAT 2022 exam:
1. Memorize Important Formulas: Candidates should remember that they have covered a vast syllabus for CAT 2022. They should avoid starting a completely new topic at this stage and focus primarily on revising important notes and formulas.
2. Avoid Mock Tests and Last Minute Revisions: Mock tests are helpful for exam preparation, but they should be avoided on the night before the CAT 2022 exam. The goal should be to alleviate pressure and relax the mind.
3. Eat Healthy and Get Adequate Sleep: A healthy and well-balanced diet is crucial, especially on the night before the exam. Excessive sugar and caffeine should be avoided, as they can keep you awake throughout the night. It is important to get around 8 hours of sound sleep, as it enhances brain performance on the exam day.
4. Prepare for the Morning: Students should carefully read the guidelines provided on the admit card to understand which documents are required on the exam day. The necessary documents to carry include CAT 2022 admit card and photo ID. Prohibited items such as bags, purses, wristwatches, calculators, mobile phones, cameras, or any other electronic devices should be avoided.
5. Set an Alarm and Arrive at the Examination Centre Early: All the preparation and hard work will go to waste if you fail to reach the examination center on time. Students should set an alarm before going to bed and inform someone else if they are staying with them, just to be on the safe side. The CAT 2022 exam will be conducted in three shifts. The first shift will take place from 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM, the second shift from 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM, and the third shift from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM. According to the rules, entry gates will be closed 15 minutes before the shift timings. Therefore, candidates should ensure they arrive at their centers well in advance to avoid any last-minute complications.